Playing God

The old pope dies and goes to the Pearly Gates. There is a long queue so he goes to the head of the line and the angel tells him to go to the end of the line. The pope says " I'm the pope I've been the head of Christendom for fifteen years and I was niney three years old when I died. Are you telling me I have to go to the end of the line."
The angel says " Sorry, absolutely no exceptions."
The pope goes to the end of the line and after a couple of hours some young guy in a white coat and a stethoscope around his neck walks to the head of the line and is let right in.
The pope is incensed and goes to the angel and says " I thought you said there were no exceptions but I saw you let that doctor in without waiting."
The angel replied "He was no doctor -- He was God. Sometimes He just likes to play doctor."

No comments: